Hair’s all the answers to the most commonly asked questions….
- Do I have to book an appointment? No, appointments are not always necessary.
- Do I need to exfoliate? Yes, this removes the layer of dead skin cells.
- Does waxing hurt? It’s really not as bad as you think but everyone’s tolerance for pain is different. Our staff are trained to wax quickly and thoroughly communicating with our clients every step of the way in how to position your body or stretch your skin to minimise pain.
- How long does waxing take? Depending on the body part and the density of the hair growth, your waxing appointment will take between 15 minutes to one hour.
- How long will the results last? After your first wax, the results can last 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the individual’s hair re-growth. In most cases, hair growth is minimal during the first week or two and noticeably increases in the third and fourth week. With regular waxing, the length of time required between treatments will increase significantly.
- Are there any possible side effects of waxing? We cannot predict or guarantee who may react or not. Most clients do not experience anything beyond redness and some minor irritation. Please follow our guidelines below to minimise irritation.
A few things to remember….
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas as it may result in irritation and/or ingrown hairs.
- Avoid immediate exposure to the sun after waxing and wear a sun-screen over recently waxed areas.
- Avoid deodorants and antiperspirant for 24 hours following an underarm waxing treatment.
- Women may experience extra sensitivity to waxing up to a week prior to the beginning of their menstruation.
- Please do not use a sun bed or overexpose the area you are having waxed to the sun 24 hours before your appointment.